Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Reboot

Recently I have stumbled upon a limitation that has been causing some strife for me: I have been limiting myself.

I could patrol, but I do not because I my suit is improper for it.

I could be more active, but I do not because I think few care.

I could let Mr. Jack grow, but I do not because I am afraid of being found out.

That all ends. No more suit, no more caring of what people think and say, no more caring if my identity is discovered. Today is a reboot.

After nearly a year of "being active" and being in the community, I am once again a new face, a new person. We shall see how this new person fares, and what he is capable of. Mr. Jack became lazy with his own self-indulgences, however small they might have been. The time for trivialities like that are at an end.

What real good do I do if I only go out when I can suit up and be recognized? The point of this is to help, not be a name and somebody. That would be nice, but if I help at least a few people in this life, doing this thing, by myself or with my friends, even if I am not ultimately remembered, I will have succeeded.

I started doing this for fame, you know. It was a selfish act masked as a selfless one. And it is time for that to change.

A small list of things to do:

-Patrol at least 3 times a week
-Concentrate efforts on promoting on campus awareness of different issues
-Identify main problem areas in city
-Begin my Acts

It is time to get the ball rolling. Stay tuned, fair readers.

4 comments: