Thursday, May 6, 2010

Purpose

I like to think. 

I like to think about why things happen in certain ways, about what will occur if I do this, about how things will change, about how things should change. The world is an interesting place, and we as humans have been endowed with the ability to analyze it critically. Many of us fail to use this ability, though, and merely live.

I believe it is the purpose of every human to find truth, love, and peace with constructive change. These are the foundations of everything I seek to do as only good can come from them. Only with these three have humans ever made progress, and is is only with these three that we will ever hope to come the hopeless cycle of "human nature" and go on to something greater.

One of the biggest parts of why I originally took up being a Real Life Superhero was that I was tired of watching and waiting for the change needed. I wanted to become change. You see, out of the three, change is the one that allows for quickest acceptance of the others. It is the lifeblood of love, and the bringer of truths. If love is the heart, and truth the mind, then change is the rest of the body. Change works to bring about the fruition of both love and truth in all the lives that they touch, so it is first with change that I shall focus these series of writings upon.

This is meant to be a reflective place, a place where ideas are exchanged in search for truth. Community is important to me, and from what I have seen even the Real Life Superhero community could use some reform about it. I am not actually talking about our actions, however, but our mindsets.

Some people seek to do charity work within the community, others to protect the innocent and patrol unsafe areas. Still others seek to raise awareness about their causes, or to criticize and balance out the egos that many of us sometimes get. One of my main goals as Mr. Jack is to cause people to think differently, as a well-trained mind is key to a well-trained body. I intend to speak to the little ways we can change the way we view and interact with life, and help to have others understand that the choices and changes you affect have long reaching and powerful repercussions throughout the world.

I suppose this is a mental wakeup call. I see too many people come here with the intention of fighting bad guys and villains and getting their costumes together without ever thinking about the reason behind what they are fighting or how they can improve their own lives.

We all need more awareness, focus, compassion and understanding in our lives. The moment you stop growing and changing is the moment you die, but even then there are changes to still be had. It is with this idea that I begin this endeavor.

With that, please enjoy the ride.

2 comments:

  1. Very cool Mr. Jack,
    I can only think that going into your mind will be an interesting journey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rather tend to agree with you there. I just needed a place to give out some of my ideas and random diatribes about the community. I hope others will find it to be helpful too.

    ReplyDelete